Tompkins County Public Library

Friday, May 26, 2006

Patron Comments - April/May 2006

Comment: More bike racks
Response: We agree and are working with TCAT to obtain more

Comment: I am disappointed that the referendum did not pass, but I think you are doing a great job with the budget you have—it’s the best library I’ve ever had access to.
Response: Thank you!

Comment: One of the library’s CDs got stuck in my car stereo due to a library sticker on it. I had to pay $78 to remove the disc. Can you find another way to mark the audio materials
Response: We are sorry that this happened. We’ll check with our processing department.

Comment: Five DVDs on one card is too many!
Response: We agree and we did reduce this quantity to 2 per card on May 15.

Comment: Five books on tape is too many for one customer! Please reduce this amount
Response: We did reduce this quantity to two per library card holder on May 15.

Comment: Let the workers keep some of the donated cash, like a tip
Response: Thanks for the suggestion

Comment: Please correct aisle labels; some of them have been off for several months
Response: This is probably a low priority for our pages who are attempting to reduce the backlog of unshelved library materials.

Comment: I was yelled for being too loud, but I was just talking to the person next to me.
Response: I am sorry that you felt yelled at. Sometimes people are not aware of how loud they actually are and need to be reminded to be a little quieter.

Comment: I had to pay for an overdue DVD because I didn’t have time to watch it. DVDs should go out for two weeks.
Response: The loan period on DVDs is seven days, plus a two day grace period. Compare this free rental to what you would have to pay at a video store. We think we are quite a bargain!

Comment: Why did the city remove its trash can from the bus shelter?
Response: I don’t know the answer to that.

Comment: Thank you for all that you are doing!
Response: You are welcome!

Comment: You need a simpler system for guest Internet users

Comment: You just saved my life—book report due tomorrow!
Response: We are glad that we could help.

Comment: You are a lifesaver—I’ve been struggling to find this information
Response: Thank you!

Comment: Librarians are the ultimate search engine!
Response: Thank you!

Comment: I would like an American Girl club to start at the library
Response: This sounds like fun, but we are not expanding our public programs at this time.

Comment: I like the e-mails for holds
Response: Thank you!

Comment: Self check didn’t print out receipt
Response: Once a problem like this is reported to our staff, we do troubleshoot and/or call for maintenance.

Comment: Price of copying is too high
Response: Our copy prices are competitive with other places.

Comment: Can you have foreign language programs on the computers for kids?
Response: Will investigate

Comment: The children’s computers should not be so centrally located
Response: Children need guidance and supervision when using computers and thus we located them centrally so we can more easily help and monitor their activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment